My Office Web Apps were acting up today. Word and Powerpoint were working fine, but Excel was giving me an “An unexpected errored has occurred” when I tried to view or edit in browser.
In the ULS Logs I found this when I filtered the correlation ID ..
System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object args, CultureInfo culture, Object activationAttributes) at Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.MossHost.MossHost.TryCreateHostExtension(String className, IHostExtension& extension) at Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.MossHost.MossHost.LoadHostExtensions() <GUID>
Here’s what I did:
1. Stopped Office Web Apps feature on all the site collections.
2. Stopped Excel Calculation Service
3. Deleted the Excel Services Application Service
4. Recreated the Excel Services Application Service
5. Started the Excel Calculation Service
6. Renabled the Office Web Apps feature on the site collections
7. Add the SharePoint URL to the Trusted File Locations inside the Excel Services Application Service.
8. Tested and works!
Other things to make sure of:
– Make sure your service accounts have sufficient DB permissions, read up on (http://aanikin.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/sharepoint-service-accounts-permisions-for-office-web-apps/)
– Make sure you have the Excel Calculation Service, Word Viewer Service, and PowerPoint Service running.
Central Admin -> Application Management -> Service Applications -> Manage services on Server
– Make sure that the service associations correlate with the web application that you are hosting Office Web Apps with.
Central Admin -> Application Management -> Service Applications -> Service Application Associations
– Make sure that you have Office Web Apps feature enabled at the site collection level.